Corn reminds me of summer. And so, with everyone longing, reminiscing about summer days, I wanted to share a corn soup that will, if momentarily, keep you warm with summer memories.
This soup is remarkably easy.
1. Dice and sautee the onion
2. Add the golden, sweet corn
3. Add water and spices, boil, puree, and...
Don't worry, I'll give you the exact instructions!
Summer Sweet Corn Soup for Dreary Winter
3-4 cans of sweet corn, drained
1 large onion, diced
3 TB of Olive oil
1 TB of Chicken consomme
a pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and sautee onions until translucent. Add the corn and lightly mix to coat in oil.
2. Pour boiling water into the pot until it barely covers the corn. Bring to a boil, add the chicken consomme, salt and pepper.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until fully cooked, about 15-20 mins.
4. Using an immersion blender, lightly puree the soup, leaving it chunky.
5. Garnish with bell pepper and cilantro.
I miss summer, too!
(And when it is summer again, you substitute the canned corn for yummy, fresh corn.)